Head Coach, Women’s Basketball
Closes: May 23, 2021 – 11:59 PM EDT
Job Type:Full Time
About The College of Wooster:
Wooster offers an excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education, culminating in a rigorous senior project, in which each student works one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conceive, organize and complete a significant research project on a topic of the student’s own choosing. Through this distinctive program, every Wooster student develops abilities valued by employers and graduate schools alike: independent judgment, analytical ability, creativity, project-management and time-management skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. Founded in 1866, the college enrolls approximately 2,000 students.
The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes: Health, Dental, Retirement, and Tuition Remission.
The College of Wooster is seeking a Head Women’s Basketball Coach. This position reports to the Director of Athletics and Physical Education and supports the mission of the College in its focus on preparing students to become leaders of character and influence in an interdependent global community. This is a ten (10) month position with benefits that includes morning, evening, and weekend responsibilities.
The Head Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for all phases of the NCAA D-III women’s basketball program in accordance and compliance with NCAA, North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and The College of Wooster policies and regulations. Leadership and management of the women’s basketball program includes coaching, scouting, recruiting, instructing, strength training and conditioning, arranging travel, managing budgets, tracking equipment and developing alumni contacts. The head coach will also have a teaching assignment in the Physical Education minor. Additional responsibilities may be assigned in areas such as game management, committee work, and administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and direct all team training and conditioning activities and contest schedule at a level that will maintain the Women’s Basketball program’s position of competitive leadership in the North Coast Athletic Conference and the NCAA Division III.
- Prepare and implement scouting reports, game film, film breakdown, and film exchange utilizing Hudl and/or Synergy.
- In partnership with the Office of Admissions, recruit academically and athletically strong applicants for the selective and competitive applicant pool at The College of Wooster utilizing Front Rush software and various promotional materials.
- Manage administrative operations including budget management, coordinating team travel, room reservations, and meals, and working with the purchasing manager to order equipment and supplies.
- In partnership with the Office of Advancement, develop and maintain a strong alumni and parent support system.
- In partnership with the Office of Athletic Communications, maintain team statistical records and establish a strong social media platform.
- Stay up-to-date with sport and coaching best practices in order to provide opportunities for all involved in the program to become students of the game by sharing knowledge of the sport.
- Work in conjunction with athletic trainers to maintain student-athlete welfare.
- Participate in the NCAC governance for Basketball at coaches meetings.
- All coaches may be assigned additional duties in the area of teaching, and facility and game management. These responsibilities are determined annually by the Chair of Physical Education, Event Manager, Facility Manager, and Director (Associate Director) of Athletics and Physical Education.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Three to five years related experience highlighting a successful record of coaching and recruiting at the intercollegiate level; collegiate head coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certification is required (can be completed after hire).
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. For more information on our nondiscrimination policy visit: https://www.wooster.edu/info/nondiscrimination
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.