The head coach will work within the framework of the Evangel University mission statement and the goals of the Evangel Athletic Department to:
- Influence the Christian growth of all student-athletes
- Influence all student-athletes to graduate with a professional degree
- Develop comprehensive and strategic plans for all phases of the program including, but not limited to: budget preparation, recruiting, strength and conditioning, practice and game plans, and developing team culture.
- Recruit high level student-athletes who will pursue the university’s mission
- Execute other athletics program related tasks as assigned by the Director of Athletics
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational degree required, master’s degree preferred
•A working knowledge of the guidelines and policies governing recruiting the sport of basketball within the NAIA.
•Possess the qualities that reflect the standards of conduct and lifestyle of the Assemblies of God fellowship.
•Experience recruiting highly-talented intercollegiate student-athletes.
•Experience coaching at the collegiate level preferred
•Ability to coach, teach, and motivate student-athletes in a Christian-collegiate environment.
•Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
•Strong communication skills.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION:
Please complete the following application questions and attach a RESUME and COVER LETTER (either by downloading or copy and pasting at the end of the questionnaire). Applicants must also submit two professional letters of reference and one pastoral letter of reference prior to being considered for the position. After you have answered all the questions, please review your answers and PRINT if you desire a copy. When you have completed the process, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click FINISH. Once you have clicked FINISH, you cannot go back and make changes!
Evangel University is an equal opportunity employer participating in the E-Verify program.