The Head Coach Women’s Basketball will effectively run the Women’s Basketball program. Direct conditioning of students to achieve the maximum athletic performance, assess players’ skills and assign team positions. Evaluate own and opposition team capabilities to determine game strategy and coach or direct coaches to instruct players in techniques of the game. Work with admissions to help increase the traditional student population. Directly oversee each student’s progress within the University and ensure students are on track with meeting graduation requirements.
1) Coaching – oversight of all on and off-court coaching of the team, including practice planning and implementation, individual and team coaching, other coaching duties as assigned.
2) Recruiting – oversight of all on and off-campus recruiting activities, including prospect evaluation, database management, correspondence, phone calls, and other duties as assigned.
3) Scouting – oversight scouting of opponents to improve the team’s preparation for competition.
4) Travel Planning – oversight planning of team and recruiting travel plans.
5) Academic Support – oversight of academic support for current student-athletes, including study hall monitoring, individual academic monitoring and meetings, class checking, and other duties as assigned.
6) Development – oversight of fundraising and solicitation of gifts within the framework of the overall athletic department fundraising and development program.
7) Budget Management – oversight of the management of the operations budget.
Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for the role.
– Bachelor’s degree
– 3 to 5 years of coaching experience in the specific sport, college-level preferred
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Excellent computer and organizational skills
– Ability to travel and to work weekends and evenings as needed.
– Ability to provide leadership, supervision, planning, project coordination, and management for staff.
– Ability to support the mission and values of a Catholic Jesuit education, as well as University goals for institutional diversity.
-Previous head coaching experience