Mary Baldwin University (MBU) seeks a head coach for the women’s basketball program. The head coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics.
Located in Staunton, Virginia, Mary Baldwin recently transitioned from college to university status, reflecting its growing range of bachelor’s, master level, and doctoral programs. MBU is a very diverse entrepreneurial institution with a record of innovation aspiring to meet the evolving higher education needs of society.
The successful candidate will oversee all facets of MBU’s NCAA Division III women’s basketball program, including:
* Utilizing well-developed professional and interpersonal communication skills, work closely with many campus constituencies, including the athletic department staff.
* Recruit highly-motivated student-athletes to compete in the program.
* Develop and implement practice and competition schedules that challenge the student-athletes
* Contribute to a diversified and inclusive campus that features equity through Title IX compliance
* Monitor and promote academic and athletic success and excellence
* Endorse and support in all aspects of the program MBU, NCAA Division III and USA South Athletic Conference rules and policies
* Develop budget, schedules and travel plans, etc., within the University mission standards that provide for a quality student-athlete experience to enhance student retention for the institution
* Encourage student-athletes to fully develop as well-rounded members of the campus community that will grow into leadership roles upon graduation
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates must apply by sending cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations to [email protected] No phone call inquiries will be considered. Review of applications will begin July 5, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.