University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Head Coach of Women’s Basketball is responsible for leading all aspects of developing and managing a competitive Division I program within the parameters designated by the University, America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee all aspects of the student athlete development and performance of the women’s intercollegiate basketball program:
- Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes.
- Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning.
- Optimizing technology (e.g. scouting, recruiting).
- Preparing and implementing game strategies.
- Mentoring and providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes.
- Creating a productive and positive environment that supports student-athlete welfare.
- Manage administrative functions within the women’s intercollegiate basketball program:
- Participating in conference and NCAA meetings.
- Adhering to all America East Conference and NCAA rules and regulations, and maintaining program control relative to compliance.
- Abiding by University and Athletics Department policies and procedure.
- Preparing and executing a strategic plan for the program.
- Developing a competitive competition schedule.
- Conduct basketball summer camps.
- Forecasting and managing budget needs relevant to equipment, scheduling, recruiting, travel, etc.
- Hiring and retaining quality assistant coaches.
- Appropriately delegating responsibilities to assistant coaches.
- Supervising and effectively monitoring all aspects/activities of assistant coaches.
- Providing necessary leadership and staff development.
- Administering performance evaluations.
- Effectively collaborating with Sports Performance, Athletic Health Care staff, Student-Athlete Services and Compliance, and other campus constituents.
- Engaging in fund-raising efforts for program.
- Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, conference, departmental and community functions.
- Building alumni relationships.
- Promoting team participation and personally committing to community outreach.
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Weekends and travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive coaching experience at collegiate level or higher.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and administering a competitive basketball program.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of techniques and strategies of the sport.
- Commitment to high ethical standards and academic success.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting nationally.
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Head women’s basketball coaching experience at the collegiate level or higher.
- Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare.
- Familiarity with the Northeast Region preferred.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Background Check/Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
*CPR and CLERY certification within the first 30 days of employment.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/822/lowell/en-us/job/507895/head-coach-womens-basketball
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.