The Head Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for the overall management of the program including coaching, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, scheduling and budget management, equipment ordering, viable fundraising, public relations and other duties as assigned.
Status: Full-time position. Works on an academic year schedule.
Supervises: Full-time assistant coach, Part-time coaching assistant(s) and student workers.
* Responsible for creating an overall positive and successful environment for the student-athletes of the men’s basketball program.
* Provide oversight and evaluation of the daily progress of the team including strength training, conditioning, and student-athlete academic, personal and athletic development.
* Plan, conduct and evaluate practice activities for men’s basketball team members.
* Provide group and individual assistance in a manner that engages the athletes and builds commitment to the program.
* Work collaboratively with other members of the Augustana staff to integrate efforts and create program success.
* Assist other staff members with activities as needed to reach the overall goals of the Augustana athletic department.
* Meet with prospective students and their family members both on campus and at remote locations as possible.
* Provide advice and counsel on the admissions process, the Augustana experience and the integral role of the student-athlete in overall campus life.
* Hire and oversee a full-time assistant coach, part-time coaching assistants and student workers as needed to assist with the program and competition-related activities.
* Provide feedback–both positive and negative–on work products and outcomes.
* Order equipment and supplies and manage operating budget for the program.
* Complete auxiliary assignments including teaching physical education activity classes during the academic year.
* Actively participate in department and college-wide meetings and events, and adapt work as required to meet overall campus goals.
* Other duties as assigned.