Location: Sacramento, California
Salary: $ 110,004 – $330,000 annually
Coaching – Basketball
Compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s education, experience, skills, and training.
Internal Number: 511259
The Head Coach for Men’s Basketball is responsible for assuring adherence to, respect for, and following the academic standards and requirements of the University with regard to the recruiting and eligibility of prospective and current student-athletes. All academic standards, requirements and policies of the University shall be observed by the Head Coach for Men’s Basketball and members of the staff, including assistant coaches, at all times and shall not be compromised or violated. It is the goal and desire of both the University and the members of the Sacramento State Men’s Basketball Program to achieve at the highest possible academic level, with the expectation that the team’s NCAA Academic Progress Rate will meet or exceed NCAA threshold minimums and the graduation rate for these student-athletes will be at least above the graduation rate for the general undergraduate student population at the University.
- Bachelors Degree
- Two – three years of experience coaching intercollegiate athletics.
- Complete knowledge of the NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict compliance with all NCAA and conference rules and regulations in addition to University policies.
- Demonstrated ability to advance the Athletic Department and University toward diversity and gender equity.
- Demonstrated experience with recruiting exceptional prospective student-athletes.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude at all times.
- Demonstrated success meeting or exceeding NCAA Academic Progress Rates.
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum of one year of coaching experience at a NCAA Division I institution.
A valid driver’s license and maintenance of a good driving record, for occasional driving per the essential functions of the position.