* Coaching Men’s Basketball; planning and directing practice and games
* Actively recruiting student athletes and recommending candidates for scholarships
* Transporting players and support staff to games
* Actively monitoring the academic progress of student athletes; supporting their academic success by engaging them in weekly study halls during the season and facilitating referrals to other student support resources
* Ensuring compliance with all safety protocols, departmental policies, and University policies
* Maintaining flexibility in a work schedule that will include days, evenings, and weekends, as needed.
Salary: The salary is $8,500.
UMA transforms the lives of students of every age and background across the State of Maine and beyond through access to high-quality distance and on-site education, excellence in student support, civic engagement, and professional and liberal arts programs.
UMA is the third largest public university in Maine. In addition to its main campus in the state’s capital, UMA also serves students at its campus in Bangor (UMA Bangor) and through UMA Centers around the state. With its multiple locations and long-term expertise in online and distance learning, UMA is generally considered the university of choice for Mainers of all ages who want to attend college without uprooting their lives.
Applicants must complete an online application and submit a cover letter and resume at https://uma.hiretouch.com/. Materials must be submitted via “Apply for Position.” You will need to create an applicant profile, complete an application, upload a cover letter which fully describes your qualifications and experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred qualifications, a resume/curriculum vitae and contact information for three professional references. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Materials received after March 15, 2020 will be considered at the discretion of the university. We are not able to consider applicants who require Visa sponsorship support.
The successful applicant is subject to appropriate background screening.
The University of Maine at Augusta is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754 or at 207.581.1226.