Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
Position is bonus eligible. Actual pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.
Internal Number: Reg1998
The position will head the organization and administration in all aspects of the program in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the sports program and the institution. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, vision and values which include diversity, equity, and inclusion.
All interested applicants must apply at: Work at DU
- Plan, organize, and continue developing the on-going athletic program and activities of the team.
- Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
- Provide instruction to student athletes regarding relevant skill development, a focus on great teamwork, and their own character development.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the team including budgeting, scheduling, and organizing travel arrangements.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate the performance of assistant coaches.
- Responsible for the recruitment of academically and athletically qualified student/athletes for the program.
- Responsible to ensure all of the coaching staff and athletes are compliant with national affiliation rules.
- Reports any known violations or concerns to administration.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and compliance with applicable national affiliations, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations within the sports program.
- Monitor the academic performance, academic progress and social development of student-athletes and make referrals to the appropriate resources.
- Promote the academic progress and graduation of student-athletes, including assisting with enforcement of the mandatory study program.
- Ensure all members of the team abide by the student–athlete handbook.
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of the athletic department.
- Monitor student academic performance and social development and make referrals to appropriate resources.
- Responsible for the organization of university camps and clinics related to the team.
- Responsible for assisting in maintenance and upkeep of the field/complex.
- Assist Athletic Department in athletic issues as needed.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to: criminal background check, employment reference checks, and drug/alcohol screening.
- A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and a working knowledge of national affiliation rules and regulations is required.
- Three to five years collegiate coaching experience including effective leadership, communication, coaching and recruiting skills is preferred.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Complete posting listed at link provided above.