Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a master’s degree with emphasis in sports administration, physical education, sports sciences or closely related field. A Master’s degree in counseling, education, mathematics, or science related field would be acceptable. This position also requires 3-5 years of successful coaching experience and the experience is preferred at the college level. Preference will be given to candidates with successful recruiting, camp and fund-raising experience. Candidates must be CPR, First Aid and AED certified. Candidates must have a valid Florida Driver’s License or be able to obtain it within three (3) months of employment.
Desired Qualifications: Experience at the college level. Preference will be given to candidates with successful recruiting, camp and fund-raising experience.
Working Hours: Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position requires evening, weekends and possibly holiday hours based on games and special activities.
Salary commensurate with education and experience based on the DSC salary administration plan. Minimal additional compensation may be granted for education and/or experience exceeding the minimum stated job requirements. This is at the sold discretion of Daytona State College.
Posted Date: 6/30/2021 Closing Date: Open until filled
Application review will begin 7/15/2021
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities
- Recruits and instructs student athletes.
- Coordinates and coaches’ team at games and tournaments.
- Schedules and supervises team practices.
- Promotes athletic program for the College.
- Monitors academic progress of students and assists with potential problems.
- Provides information to support periodic and special reports documenting team activities and events. Monitors budget and ensures that team operates within allowable budget funding; and monitors and inventories all team equipment and uniforms and provides a report annually to the Athletic Director reconciling such equipment.
- Assist with the coordination and oversight of living arrangements for student athletes.
- Teach college credit courses as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The successful candidate must have excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills and knowledge of discipline/sport taught. Candidate must be familiarity with the teaching technology applicable to teaching discipline. This position requires walking, standing, stooping, jumping, and running; lifting up to 50 pounds; exposure to bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, and wet or humid conditions when the team plays or practices outdoors. This candidate must also have knowledge of computers, peripherals, and software programs such as word processing and spreadsheets.
Working Hours: Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position requires evening, weekends and possibly holiday hours based on games and special activities.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at 386.506.4505or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity, Inclusion and Title IX at 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER