Location: Indiana, Pennsylvania
Coaching – Basketball
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applicants for a Full-Time Head Women’s Basketball Coach to assist in all aspects of the IUP Women’s Basketball program at the Division II level and to create a quality student-athlete experience in academics, athletics, and community service.
Description of Duties:
• Monitor and encourage academic progress and success of student-athletes to ensure continuing eligibility to participate in NCAA competition and to graduate. • Oversee game preparation (player conditioning, training, skill building, scouting other teams, and player development coaching). • Oversee player recruitment by maintaining contact with high school/club coaches to identify potential prospects, conducting campus visits, developing a recruiting schedule, and recommendations for scholarships. • Coordinate and participate in fund-raising activities in support of IUP’s athletic program. • Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
• Provide instruction to student athletes in position technique • Provide instruction to student athletes sport strategy. • Provide instruction to student athletes in game analysis. • Provide instruction to student athlete regarding specific game plans. • Provide instruction to student athletes regarding physical conditioning and strength training. • Provide instruction to student athlete regarding NCAA rules. • Provide instruction to student athletes regarding university and program policies and procedures. • Provide instruction to student athletes in leadership & conduct. • Provide instruction to student athletes in community responsibility. • Provide academic monitoring and counseling to student athletes. • Provide instruction to camp attendees.
• Monitor student athlete academic ineligibility. • Scouting competition. • Monitor compliance with IUP, PSAC, and NCAA rules and regulations. • Recruit student-athletes. • Participate in fundraising activities and other fiscal responsibilities. • Other specific duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of collegiate coaching experience, OR
• One to three years of professional coaching or professional playing experience.