Location: Longview, Texas
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: Salary is competitive.
Coaching – Basketball
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and other qualifications. LeTourneau University offers an innovative healthcare package with many options, personal budget, telemedicine, year-round support, and more. LeTourneau University also provides life insurance, contribution to a retirement program, and tuition assistance.
LeTourneau University is seeking a discipleship driven professional to lead the Women’s Basketball program to conference and national prominence both spiritually and competitively.
Discipleship of women in the program to facilitate spiritual growth Teaching and modeling the value of Christian competition Monitoring academic performance of student athletes and partnering with Student Development for discipleship, development and retention of student athletes
Recruiting and retaining quality student athletes who understand and embrace LeTourneau University’s mission and vision Find student athletes that are equipped with the ability to achieve academic and athletic success
Regularly fielding a highly competitive team within the conference On-field coaching and instruction Opponent scouting Hiring and supervising assistant coaches, including a full-time assistant If an Athletic Administrative Role is required within the Athletic Department, this position will be assigned by the Director of Athletics. This position will require that an average of 10 hours per week be dedicated to this role. Examples of possible roles include but are not limited to: game day management, strength and conditioning, or student employee oversight.
Contributing and caring for the development and growth of the athletic department as a whole in tangible ways, including service outside of your regular role Creating service and mission opportunities for student athletes to invest in the community Performing other duties as requested by the VP/Director of Athletics.
Adherence to both the Athletic Department Staff Operations Manual and the college’s staff handbook Attendance at all required department and campus meetings
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of LeTourneau University
- Must be able to assent toLeTourneau University community covenant
- Ability to serve as spiritual leader and mentor to student-athletes
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of basketball
- Ability to effectively teach basketball skills during practice sessions
- Skill to recruit and retain highly skilled student-athletes
- Ability to utilize information technology and display computer skills
- Skill in communicating effectively in oral, written and electronic means
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Knowledge of NCAA and Conference regulations and guidelines
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Ability to effectively counsel student athletes on requirements for personal, academic, and athletic participation
- Ability to lead and supervise assistant coaches (if applicable) and student employees
- Ability to prepare, submit, and maintain accurate reports, records, and documents required by the Department