Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain compliance with NCAA, Conference, and Board of Supervisors regulations and policies
- Promote an atmosphere of compliance within the program supervised by the Head coach and to monitor the activities regarding compliance of all assistant coaches and other administrators involved with the program who report directly or indirectly to the Head Coach.
- Responsible for Women’s Basketball program operations, including coaching, recruiting, and supervision of secretary, coaching assistants, graduate assistants, and student workers
- Be attentive and responsible with budget set forth each year.
- Responsible for purchasing within the Women’s Basketball program
- Responsible for supplies and equipment maintenance
- Responsible for preliminary squad list due on June 1 of every year to Compliance Office
- Responsible for completing and returning all forms, lists, and reports originating from the Compliance Office involving the Women’s Basketball program
- Responsible for the academic progress of student athletes in Women’s Basketball program.
- Supervision of Women’s Basketball athletes’ progress within the program
- Responsible for fundraising efforts for the program
- Maintain inventory records for equipment and apparel.
- Responsible for maintaining annual CPR certification
Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
Experience as a Head Coach or Full-Time Assistant Coach with a Division I Women’s Basketball Program, or Experience as a Head Coach at a, DII, DIII or Junior College Program.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven successful experience in recruiting and coach/and or playing basketball at the DI college level
- Ability to operate a departmental budget within allocated resources
- Ability to supervise personnel through previous leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA DI rules, practices, policies, philosophy and procedures.
Application Materials and Contact:
For the application process, interested applicants should electronically submit a: Cover Letter, Resume, References, (name, phone number, and e-mail address of at least three), and Unofficial Transcripts. Please email the required documents to Senior Associate A.D., Tanner Stines at [email protected]; Phone: (337) 475-5215; TDD: (337) 562-4227.