Excellent Benefit Package: Employer paid Health and Dental Insurance plus vacation, sick leave, personal days, tuition remission to include family, etc. Send completed employment application, resume and transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. Visit our web site www.prattcc.edu to apply online or download application. AA/EOE
General Description and Purpose
The Head Coach is responsible to the Athletic Director for developing, organizing, supervising, and managing the women’s basketball program.
- Oversee the entire recruiting process of all women’s basketball student athletes with specific direction for the assistant coach.
- Develop daily practice schedules with player and coach participation clearly outlined.
- Develop and implement a sound weight training and conditioning program, both during the season and out-of-season.
- Monitor all women basketball athletes living on or off-campus.
- Remain current with and abide by NJCAA and Jayhawk Conference rules and regulations.
- Remain current with professional literature, attending clinics and workshops as available.
- Work with the Athletic Director in developing basketball schedules.
- Develop and present to the administration a yearly departmental budget.
- Administer budget and budget requests according to administration and College mandate.
- Develop an inventory system for all basketball equipment.
- Monitor and maintain basketball facilities.
- To serve as the instructor for the Varsity Sports I, II, III & IV and Body Conditioning I, II, III & IV classes related to the coaching area assignment. This responsibility includes:
- Preparation of the required course syllabi and instructional materials;
- Maintenance of class grade book with complete records of attendance and grades as per course syllabus;
- Timely completion and return of class rosters and information requests;
- Response to information requests pertaining to the class from the Department Chair or other offices
- Be an active member of the Beaver Booster Club and actively participate in fund-raising for the athletic program, including respective sport.
- Understand, support and enforce all policies, athletic as well as academic, as expressed by the Board of Trustees of Pratt Community College. This will be done in letter, intent and spirit.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
Supervises the Following Staff
- Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
- Work-study students
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, faculty, administration and community.
- Ability to communicate with, and command respect from, students and serve as a role model to them.
- Experience with high school students required.
- Experience with community college students preferred.
- Playing and/or coaching experience at the high school level required.
- Playing and/or coaching experience at the college level preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Certifications and/or Licensure
Office and basketball court settings.
Position requires evening and weekend work