Saint Xavier University (Saint Xavier/SXU) is a four-year private Catholic institution located in a residential neighborhood on the southwest side of Chicago. SXU was founded and is sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. The University is recognized as Chicago’s first Catholic university. Saint Xavier has an enrollment of approximately 3,700 (3,000 undergraduate) and the student body reflects the institution’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The athletic department at SXU is made up of 19 varsity teams competing in the National Association for Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and affiliated with the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC). Cougar athletics has a history of success, including 37 conference championships over the past ten years.
The Head Women’s Basketball coach leads and directs an intercollegiate NAIA basketball program. The head coach is responsible for establishing the long-term vision of the program, recruitment of student- athletes, roster management, planning and implementing training, game preparation and coaching, scheduling, monitoring academic progress, managing assistant coaches, oversight of budgets, and other responsibilities as designated by the Director of Athletics. This is a 12-month position with salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Essential Functions: • Plan, organize, and execute a dynamic training program to develop and prepare players to maximize their potential and pursue excellence in athletic achievement
• Successfully facilitate all aspects of coaching a team in competition
• Foster the academic achievement and physical well-being of student-athletes
• Mentor and develop students both on and off the court
• Develop and implement a plan for the recruitment of qualified student-athletes
• Hire, supervise, and evaluate assistant coaches
• Plan and manage team scheduling and travel arrangements
• Manage and maintain team budgets in line with University policies
• Order and maintain equipment for the basketball team
• Represent Saint Xavier in the CCAC and the NAIA
• Remain knowledgeable of and adhere to CCAC and NAIA rules and regulations