Head Women’s Basketball Coaching Instructor
John Carroll University
The Head Women’s Basketball Coaching Instructor will direct, instruct and administer a John Carroll University Women’s Basketball program in compliance with applicable NCAA , OAC conference, and institutional regulations. This is a leadership position that will be responsible for providing coaching instruction and administrative support to other coaches and administrative staff while ensuring compliance with all related governing bodies.Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead instructor and coordinator for all elements of practices and games to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development work with athletes as warranted and fulfillment of game day responsibilities.
- Develop and recommend strategies for a successful program including well organized practice plans and strategies as well as participation in the development and execution of game strategies.
- Monitor academic progress and meet with individual student-athletes to ensure academic success and compliance with university and NCAA academic standards.
- Mentor student-athletes as to proper conduct and decorum.
- Develop a program philosophy that is shared and communicated with all stakeholders.
- Develop plans to successfully recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Evaluates prospective student-athletes and in conjunction with the executive recruitment plans to enroll desired prospects.
- Set official visit itineraries for prospective student-athletes in compliance with NCAA requirements.
- Develop community outreach programs, fund raising and promotional activities in collaboration with internal staff and University Development.
- Represent department and institution to internal and external constituents.
- Responsible for ensuring that all administrative requirements for the team are effectively carried out to include: travel arrangements and itineraries; equipment and uniform purchases.
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning instructor to design and implement targeted development and training programs appropriate to the specific needs of athletes and teams.
- Attend rules education, sessions and complete necessary forms for compliance.
- Follow proper procedures for purchasing and resource allocation and monitor spending.
- Supervise assistant coaches and athletic instructors within the program.
- Coordinate team player tryouts and selection.
- Attend athletic department meetings and collaborate with the Athletic Director / Assistant Athletic Directors on schedules, programs and engagement.
- Participate in pre-season and post-season meetings and programs as appropriate.
- Develop and provide instructor-led rules training to team, athletic department and others upon request.
- Responsible for positive public relations and communications with constituents including, media interactions and parents and alumni engagement.
- Provide proper game and practice instruction and supervision.
- Work closely with the Athletic Director in recommending league policy and procedure changes.
- Follow due process guidelines when disciplining athletes.
- Work closely with athletic trainers and follow injury protocol.
- Develop a team that appropriately displays the skills of the athletes.
- Responsible for developing or adhering to a system of budget management and accountability.
- Follow all University and NCAA policies and regulations.
- Meet all deadlines for paperwork (i.e. rosters, physicals, officials ratings, etc.).
- Exhibit enthusiasm towards athletes and display respect for the entire program (i.e. officials, opponents, parents, schools, property, equipment, etc.).
- Dress appropriately and professionally for games, practices, recruit/family visits and other school/athletic functions.
- Foster school spirit by promoting other sports.
- Maintain fair, consistent, understanding and tolerant relationships with athletes.
- Maintain composure and exemplary conduct during practice and games.
- All other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Previous collegiate coaching experience or equivalent experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain certifications in CPR and AED.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies.
- Must understand and comply with NCAA, conference, and University rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interest in understand and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to motivate students in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize effectively, teach fundamentals and techniques associated with the sport and experience with teams that are competitive and show evidence of being well coached.
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive leadership and to serve as a positive role model as a coach and colleague.
- Successful prior participation in the sport at either the high school, college or professional level.Normal Working Hours and Conditions
Extensive travel involved. University core business hours are generally 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. However this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on the nature of competitive and recruiting schedules.Physical Requirements
Ability to demonstrate the physical movements of the sport. Sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate and exchange information.Hours
Exempt (Salary)About John Carroll University
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing women and men with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 70 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.
The University enrolls approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.EEO Statement
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for the position, please visit: https://jcu.peopleadmin.com/postings/1971
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.