|Coaching: Assist with planning and executing all team practice sessions and competition. Scout future opponents by film, watching games, and/or telephone reports. Retrieve video tapes of future opponents. Prepare and present scouting reports on future opponents. Provide consultation and expert advice to head coach and team members. Prepare, plan, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions, as directed.
Teaching: Teach individuals and groups of player specific tasks and skills before, during and after practice, during season and off-season. Teach player-to-player defense and offense, as requested. Teach progressions and drills during daily practice time. Teach advanced level skills and game strategies.
Recruiting: Assist in the recruitment of quality student-athletes who fit the academic profile of the student body. Attend off-campus games for the purpose of evaluation and contact. Coordinate mailing of recruitment materials to prospective student-athletes and make phone contact with prospective student-athletes when appropriate. Plan campus visits with prospective student-athletes and their parents.
1. Administer travel arrangements for team, including hotel accommodations, vans/cars, vans, airline travel reservations, etc. Follow Lewis & Clark procedures in handling any monies that flow through the athletic program.
2. Serve as mentor to athletes, helping resolve academic and non-academic issues. Monitor and counsel student-athletes regarding academic progress, etc.
3. Plan long and short term team objectives under the leadership of the head coach.
4. Interact with various campus offices, departments, as well as individual faculty and staff members.
5. Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community.
6. Serve in a leadership role and promote participation in community service activities by student athletes.
7. Assist in the formulation of team and department fundraising activities, promotional and team newsletter initiatives.
8. Represent the team with the public, parents and alumni; act as a positive role model for players
9. Supervise and mentor student assistants and managers associated with the program.
10. Other related duties as assigned by the head coach or director of athletics.