Primary Location: Truman College
Employee Type: Part Time | Regular
Union Code: N/A
The Assistant Coach will assist the Women’s Basketball team and provide leadership in the development and evaluation of the team and individual student-athletes. The Assistant Coach provides dynamic, strategic and visionary leadership designed to enhance student success through the focus on an “Academics-first Agenda.”
• Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of student athletes.
• Provides skill demonstrations of sport coached.
• Critiques athletes’ performance to determine skills and abilities that need strengthening for overall team improvement.
• Assists with the recruitment of student athletes.
• Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other personal development issues. Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring they receive academic support as necessary.
• Assists with scheduling pre-season, season and other games and tournaments; assists with training, practices and coaching in league, conference and tournament play.
• Completion of an Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred preferable in Physical Education or related field, supplemented by 2-3 years of coaching and/or professional playing experience
• Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular sport
• Coaching Certification, preferred
• First Aid Certification and current CPR/AED Certification by the American Heart Association or the Red Cross, preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills, required
• Must be able to serve as a positive role model for young adults
• Must be familiar with NJCAA rules and regulations
Coaches are hired on a season by season basis. A reasonable effort is made to assure future coaching assignments to those coaches who have had a history of successful academic and athletic team performances at City Colleges of Chicago. All coaching assignments are conditioned on sufficient team membership. Once a season starts, the Coaches are expected to complete the season.