Cornell University invites applications for the position of 1st Assistant Coach for Men’s Basketball. Assist the head coach in the planning and operation of a NCAA Division I program. Assist with practice and game preparation as assigned; evaluate performances, make recommendations to the head coach regarding individual participation in games. Identify, encourage and evaluate application and acceptance of student-athletes at Cornell in accordance with the Ivy League, NCAA and University policies as assigned by the head coach.Cornell University is a NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Ivy League. The university fields teams in 37 intercollegiate sports and provides a comprehensive physical education program. The university is committed to excellence in academics and athletics, gender equity and diversity in its programs, and a well-balanced, broad-based intercollegiate athletics program.
NOTE: All applicants must apply via Cornell’s on-line system to be considered. This coach is expected to travel with the team.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years basketball coaching experience or equivalent combination.
- Background check will be required.
- Credentials should reflect proven success and potential in coaching, recruiting and in working with student-athletes.
- Previous coaching or playing experience at the Division 1 level.
- Must be highly motivated with an outstanding work ethic and a relentless recruiter.
- Knowledgeable of NCAA rules and regulations
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position