The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Under direct supervision, provides entry-level assistance in coaching one of a variety of sports under NCAA Division II and conference operating bylaws and regulations.
- Assists head coach and more senior assistant coach with aspects of the program which may include recruitment, training and/or strength training for athletic competition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University’s Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education.
- Receives guidance and instruction from Head Coach and more senior coach in general and specific coaching procedures, methods, and techniques.
- Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Assists as directed with implementing and supervising strength and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
- Assists Head Coach, as directed, in conducting recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules.
- Assists head coach in monitoring and assisting student-athletes in academic progress.
- Assists as appropriate in planning and arranging team travel; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations.
- May participate in various fundraising, marketing, and promotions activities.
- May perform administrative duties including ordering and maintaining equipment, monitoring budgets, and initiating correspondence.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- As an individual employed in a coaching capacity in the athletics department, you are subject to the regulations of the NCAA. If at any time it is determined that you are in violation of such regulations, then by the provision of the NCAA enforcement procedures, you may be subject to corrective disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 months of directly related experience which may include or consist of intercollegiate playing experience.
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Willingness to learn NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes, student-athlete eligibility, financial aid, amateurism, awards and benefits, playing season, as well as other areas of NCAA compliance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions and manuals.
- Knowledge of strengthening and conditioning programs and routines.
- Ability to assist in fostering a cooperative work environment.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Qualified individuals should send cover letter and resume salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online now. Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.