|The Department of Athletics’ primary mission is to develop and maintain a top-quality Division II intercollegiate athletics program that is committed to providing a positive and fulfilling academic and athletic experience for all student-athletes with priority given to their physical, emotional and social well-being. The Department of Athletics is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC), and is governed nationally by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The athletics program plays a supporting role in the higher education mission, enhancing a sense of community, strengthening the identity of the university and playing a prominent role in enrollment management. The athletics program represents honor and dignity of fair play and the highest standards associated with rules compliance and amateurism. The Department of Athletics also recognizes the value of equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and staff, including women and minorities. The program, as a whole, creates excitement and enrichment of life for both the campus community and the community at large through the medium of competitive athletic contests.
| Position Duties and Responsibilities:
|This full-time, twelve-month position will oversee and direct all phases of the women’s basketball program. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to recruitment of student-athletes, compliance of RMAC, NCAA and university rules and regulations; ensuring academic progress & personal development of student athletes; coaching and development of individual student athletes and the women’s basketball team as a whole; scouting; summer camps and clinics, promoting the women’s basketball program and other assignments assigned by the athletic director.
- Coach student athletes including coaching at all team practices and scheduled games/ competitions. Develop game preparation and strategy. Condition and train athletes in order to develop skill, character and teamwork in basketball.
- Recruit prospective student athletes that can compete at the highest levels of Division II, possess outstanding character and achieve academically.
- Manage the women’s program by planning, coordinating all practices, workouts and competitions; ensuring that all University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed including student-athlete eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, scheduling and academic progress; managing the programs operating budget through procurement request and travel reimbursements; supervising assistant basketball coaches.
- Monitor player academics including student welfare and encouraging academic excellence.
- Organize and conduct camps; develop fund raising opportunities: serve on committees that promote the success of the program and athletics; establish and maintain community contacts that enhance the success of the program.
- Participate in marketing and promotional programs that enhance the women’s basketball and athletic programs at the University.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year institution
- Minimum of five years of successful coaching in the sport of basketball at the high school level or higher
- Master’s Degree
- Successful head coaching experience at the collegiate level
- Commitment to provide positive experiences for student athletics in the women’s basketball program
- Previous experience recruiting for NCAA qualified student athletes
- Exhibit a commitment to abide by all University, conference, and NCAA rules
- Experience in conducting successful summer basketball camps
- Experience with and commitment to working with diverse student populations