|Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of pertinent rules and ensure programs, stagge, and student athletes operates within NCAA and institutional rules.
- Submit required information to compliance officer as requested.
- Coordinate recruitment of student-athletes with Undergraduate Admissions in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits, to ensure team meets or exceeds NCAA average size.
- Organize, prepare, and conduct individual and team practice sessions to train and prepare for competition and instruct student-athletes in areas of deficiency.
- Establish team and individual student-athlete goals.
- Provide direction, encouragement, motivation and advice to prepare student-athletes for competitive events.
- Adjust coaching techniques based on student-athlete needs.
- Establishes and enforces rules and regulations concerning student-athlete conduct, appearance, punctuality and other areas deemed appropriate.
- Determines competitive event schedule, coordinating with teams as needed.
- Execute expenditures in accordance with department/university procedures and not exceeding NCAA Division III average.
- Apply best practices in athletic conditioning and team training safety.
- Ensure all player injuries/illnesses are attended to.
- Arrange transportation to game sites in accordance with university procedures.
- Remain accessible to media and make monthly appearances to promote and/or market program.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
May provide general instruction and regular review to Assistant Coaches and/or student workers.
Coordination, Critical Thinking, Decision Making, Instructing, Interperonal Skills, Oral Communication, Problem Solving, Team Building
Bachelor’s degree and experience as a player and/or coach in the sport. Five to seven years and experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
The work requires frequent bending and stooping, and the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly. Must be able to lift 25 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required to perform the work include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus, with or without visual aids.