This position is responsible for initiating all aspects of the Women’s Basketball program, such as
recruiting, scheduling opponents, individual training, and coaching team members. The purpose of
the position is to develop Christ-centered excellence, to mentor and challenge student athletes to
grow spiritually (discipleship), academically, athletically, to provide opportunities for Christian
service through the medium of basketball and to be consistently competitive at the championship
level. Abide by rules and regulations established by William Jessup University, the NAIA (National
Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) and the GSAC, (Golden State Athletic Conference).
1. The position requires a commitment to recruiting and graduating student athletes.
2. Mentor and supervise assistant coach(s).
3. Schedule games, and transportation/accommodations for road games with the approval of
the Associate Athletic Director and in coordination with the Administrative Assistant to
4. Disciple and assist with character development of student-athletes.
5. Planning and involvement in summer missions opportunities for student athletes.
6. Represent the University at conference and national meetings as assigned.
7. Supervision; preparation and oversight of program budget.
8. Assist and provide fund raising efforts aimed at the support of the Athletic Department.
9. Public Relations, assist in the development of public relations with local constituencies aimed
at gaining support for WJU athletic program
10. Run/manage summer basketball camps under supervision of the athletic department.
11. Responsible for a variety of administrative support duties as assigned by the Associate
Athletic Director in areas that reflects the strengths and expertise of the candidate.
12. Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of and committed to William Jessup University mission statement and philosophy,
the NAIA, and conference rules and regulations.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively,
both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of basketball.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree, and additional studies/or experiences preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years coaching and recruiting experience at the college level.