Salary commensurate with qualifications, education & University guidelines.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Head Coach by coaching an assigned position for the team.
Responsible for orienting and training others and assigning and reviewing their work. May also be responsible for acting in a lead or senior capacity over other positions performing essentially the same work or related technical tasks and reporting to a higher level on a formal basis.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Internal contacts are with faculty, staff and students. External contacts are with alumni, community, Business Association and leaders, athletic association members and the general public.
• Establishes commitments to compliance of rules and keeps all student athletes informed about National
• Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) conference and University eligibility requirements, new legislation, academic standards and University code of conduct.
• Assists the Head Coach with film breakdown strategizing game plan and teaching techniques and fundamentals of the position.
• Assist student-athletes in practice to prepare for competition.
• Communicates with other University departments in day-to-day operation of the athletic program.
• Assists Head Coach in strategic game planning.
• Assist in coordinating practice and meetings.
• Assist the Academic Advisor with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
• Meets all NCAA certification standards and attends all University compliance workshops and meetings.
• Promotes and markets team and generates funds to supplement budget for the athletic program.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of University, NCAA and Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport as well as coaching training and techniques.
• Ability to supervise and evaluate student athletes.
• Skill in oral and written English to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
• Skill in organization as well as technical and disciplinary skills to help assist the coordinator.
• Ability to show sensitivity and understand the unique mission of a historically black educational institution.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with faculty, staff, students and customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience.
Note: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The university has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description is not be construed as a contract for employment.
Inquiries regarding provisions for persons with disabilities, equal employment opportunity and Title IX should be directed to the Office of Employee Relations and Equal Employment Opportunity at (202) 202-806-1316.
To Apply, click the “Apply for Job” button, then select the “Apply Now” button. If the link does not work, try refreshing/reloading the page, enable cookies.