Primary responsibilities are to supervise, direct and coordinate all activities and personnel associated with the Women’s Basketball team and Housing. Manage budgets associated with areas of responsibility. Serve on selected and voluntary committees.
% of Time
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
1. As Head Women’s Basketball Coach, recruit athletes, prepare athletes for intercollegiate competition, monitor and nurture their academic progress at the College and assist with placement at four-year colleges.
2. As Housing Coordinator, manage, direct and supervise activities and personnel associated with Estherville housing;
Monitor facilities, student behavior, and adequacy of college housing, enforce housing policies and promote healthy lifestyles. Initiate disciplinary action according to institutional policy when appropriate.
3. Monitor and maintain budgets. Establish, approve and manage student scholarships.
4. Supervise women’s basketball graduate assistant and housing graduate assistants.
1. Organize and promote women’s basketball program and activities to students, staff and the general public.
2. Promote fund raising activities to students, staff and the general public.
3. Meet with students as necessary to resolve conflict.
4. Assist in hosting visitors to campus by responding to questions, giving college tours, and providing college wide information.
5. Assist in the advisement of student athletes.
6. Meet with student athletes on a regular basis to promote communications, monitor grades, and define expectations.
1. Serve on selected and voluntary committees.
2. Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of basketball / housing equipment and facilities.
3. Participate in all required professional development activities.
4. Communicate effectively with staff and students.
5. Attend summer orientation sessions and campus recruitment days.
6. Coordinate with Educational Counseling to deliver campus life programming (required for all residential students).
7. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
Must be organized and have excellent planning and time management skills.
Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
Ability to manage and supervise activities, personnel and budgets.
Knowledge of a variety of student life areas and issues.
Ability to organize, multi-task and delegate tasks when appropriate.
Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, prospective, former and current students, clients, vendors and the community.
Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communication.
Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; with coaching duties requiring standing most of the time, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, carrying and repetitive motion occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Student Services or a related area required; Master’s degree preferred. Three years experience in student housing desired. Three years experience as Head Basketball Coach or a combination of four years experience as a Head Coach and Assistant Coach desired. Coaching, teaching and housing experience at the postsecondary level preferred. Must have excellent organizational and planning skills.
Salary: $39,000/260 day contract
Paid sick leave, vacation and holidays. Employee health, dental and vision insurance. Employee life and disability insurance.
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
Employment Application form
Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
Position open until filled; review of applications will begin immediately. View complete job description and download application at www.iowalakes.edu/jobs. Contact Diane Friesner email@example.com or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources Office, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.