Inspiring Today's Students To Meet Tomorrow's Challenges
Posting ID: 2308
Must complete all OSAA and Klamath County School District required trainings and certifications.
Must obtain a CPR and First Aid Training Certificates and must be 21 years of age.
Physical ability to adhere to OSHA and district safety regulations. Work within the district’s communicable disease control plan (blood borne pathogens) and be aware of the existence and potential exposure to hazardous chemicals as identified on the MSDS sheets. Responsibilities include student safety and security.
The competent coach:
1. Maintains accurate inventories and arranges for proper issuance and cleaning of equipment
2. Maintains facilities and equipment in such a manner as to be usable and safe and reports in writing those areas in need of attention to his/her immediate supervisor
3. Keeps staff informed as to duties at practices and contests
4. Sets up well-organized practice schedules adhering to district and state policy and regulations so that staff and athletes are well-informed and make the best use of the practice time
5. Maintains good communication with the entire coaching staff
6. Maintains good communication with media
7. Demonstrates knowledge of, and adherence to, district and school philosophy and policies by maintaining accurate and timely eligibility reports, inventories, budgets, rosters, and accident/injury reports, insurance documentation and physical exam validations
8. Will supervise assistant coaches (where applicable) in such a way that they will be aware of their responsibilities at all times and maintain the standards required of all coaches regarding administration, coaching performance and responsibilities and professional qualities
9. Will supervise the athletes in such a way that they will be aware of practice and game responsibilities, rules, strategy, goals, and risks inherent with their sport.
1. Has sufficient knowledge of the skills necessary for athletes to experience success
2. Can demonstrate and teach the skills necessary for athletes to have the opportunity to experience success
3. Institutes a program of ongoing physical and mental conditioning, and instills in the athlete the need and importance of properly preparing for their sport
4. Takes all necessary steps to prepare self and athletes mentally and physically, for game situations
5. Assures that all necessary steps are taken to prevent injuries and has adequate training and/or trained assistants to deal with the care of injuries that may occur.
1. Ensures that all teams under his/her immediate direction represent their school in such a manner that their conduct and appearance is beyond reproach
2. Instills a playing style and attitude in his/her teams that causes them to actively seek success
3. Emphasizes the importance of good scholarship and sportsmanship as an athlete and follows up on the progress of each individual in these areas, including counseling those in need of assistance in these areas
4. Represents his/her team and school in a professional manner, and works to resolve differences with officials, scorekeepers, staff, other coaches, parents, members of the audience constructively, and without damage to the reputation of the coaches, teams, or schools involved.
Primary Location: Gilchrist High School
Salary Range: Annual
Shift Type: Other
Job Contact Information –
Name: Steve Prock