Posting Number: 2017-0036
Open Until Filled: Yes
FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Under direct supervision of the Head Basketball Coach and Director of Athletics, to assist with coaching of the Women’s Basketball team and all facets of the Women’s Basketball program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Head Coach with the organization, administration and implementation of the Women’s Basketball program.
• Assist in recruiting student-athletes and in scouting opposing teams. Assist in organizing and supervising practices and games. Assist in monitoring academic progress of student-athletes.
• Assist in directing pre-season conditioning program for athletes; travel with the team as required.
• Assist in fund-raising and promotion activities for the program; perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of institutional, NCAA, and Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference rules, policies and regulations
• Knowledge of recruiting in State of Michigan and ability to judge high school players for talent to play Division II college basketball
• Master’s degree
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Experience in coaching at collegiate or high school level required. Thorough knowledge and understanding of institutional, NCAA and Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference rules, policies and regulations. Knowledge of recruiting in State of Michigan and ability to judge high school players for talent to play Division II college basketball.
Adequate health and fitness to maintain long hours, busy schedule, and travel with team, as required. Use of gross motor skills for instruction of basketball team; ability to see, hear and speak clearly, with or without aids, to represent the University in public appearances, promotional and recruiting activities; full use of hands, arms, feet and legs to perform coaching and administrative functions; ability to work with numbers to monitor budgets.
2. Cover Letter
2. Letter of Recommendation 1
3. Letter of Recommendation 2
4. Letter of Recommendation 3
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lssu.edu/postings/1848/pre_apply →
- Print Plays to PDF
- Export Animations for offline use
- Team Playbook Page with player logins
- Unlimited Plays