First college in Ohio created by a vote of the people
Job Type: Seasonal
Department: Part-time Seasonal
Closing Date: 04 Sep 2017
• Work with the head coach and other coaches, assisting or leading as the occasion requires.
• Assist in player support.
• Attend department meetings and functions as requested.
• Scout opponents and prepare scouting assignments as assigned.
• Assist in the recruitment of future squad members.
• Develop working relationships with all athletic department personnel.
• Drive a 15 passenger van to take team to games/events, as assigned by athletic director.
Education/Training and Experience:
• Professional preparation through previous coaching experience or college team preparation.
• Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of the sport and demonstrate interest in and an aptitude for performing the tasks.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the rules of the sport; basic equipment, methods and supplies; NJCAA code of conduct; safety methods and procedures.
• Skills in completing tasks as assigned under the direction of the coach.
• Abilities to learn and properly apply departmental policies/procedures and association rules; motivate, coach, and model appearance and behavior; work independently; establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships.
Conditions of Employment:
• Valid Ohio driver’s license and a driving record which qualifies the driver under the College’s insurance program are required.
• This is a part-time, limited-term, renewable assignment. The College does not commit to continued employment beyond the initial season.
COMPENSATION: $4,850 per season.