Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley University is highly regarded for its undergraduate programs in education, the arts, and applied social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice and its 7,000 students and 83,000 alumni are empowered to improve and enrich communities.
Lesley University is looking for an Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach. Candidate must possess a solid knowledge of player development. Must be able to execute practice sessions and have the necessary basketball skills to train the team. Will aid in recruitment, strength and conditioning, fundraising efforts and community service projects. Playing experience at the collegiate level preferred. Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach will report directly to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach. This person will also be responsible for carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NCAA Division III and the New England Collegiate Conference.
- Assist with the day-to-day management and operations of the basketball program
- Support coaching staff in recruitment efforts with admissions and recruiting events.
- Assist the head coach and staff with individual skills and team concepts.
- Attend all practices and games and assist with planning and preparation.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and supervision of fundraising events.
- Adhere to all Lesley University, New England Collegiate Conference, ECAC and NCAA rules.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have a working knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations
- Previous successful collegiate coaching and/or experience playing at the college level is required
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have a valid US driver’s license required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
Please include a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately.