Provides comprehensive educational opportunities to enrich lives
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Cy Fair – 05
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
• Students Matter
• Inspire Excellence
• Act Intentionally
• Better Together
• No Fear!
Lone Star College-CyFair
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road. Cypress, Texas. 77433-1383.
With general policy guidance from the Club Sports & Intramurals Coordinator, makes decisions to successfully achieve department goals and objectives; is accountable for the development of policies and goals; and works to recruit, retain, and train student-
athletes to promote their success both in & outside the classroom.
1. Recruits, retains, supervises, trains, and coaches student-athletes under the guidelines of LSC- Cy Fair and the Lone Star College System
2. Carries out duties within the stated philosophy of LSC- CyFair Club Sports and its educational mission and follows all institutional, conference, and Systems regulations to ensure compliance
3. Ensures appropriate safety measures are observed and practiced
4. Actively participates in practices and competitions, including, but not limited to: practice planning (including working individually with, advising, and critiquing student-athletes to develop and improve their skills)
5. Evaluates prospective student-athletes, analyzes and determines their abilities and whether they may succeed athletically and academically at LSC – CyFair
6. Works within the LSC – CyFair Club Sports budgetary and travel guidelines
7. Maintain the club’s supplies and equipment
8. Submits written documentation and reports as requested
9. Additional duties include monitoring of student-athlete academic performance; conducting, advising, and counseling regarding performance and conduct; identifying and addressing student-athlete welfare issues
10. Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Must possess enough knowledge to effectively coach
• Must possess positive leadership and communication skills to promote a positive team attitude
• Must be able to work effectively with adverse student population
• Must be well organized and flexible to meet time, priority and workload demands
• Must have strong oral communication skills with all levels of college and community
• Must be available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
• Must be able to travel to practices, games and tournaments
• Must be able to maintain relationships, build trust, and act as a mentor & guide to students. Must be willing to be role model and demonstrate how to be an effective coach
Work Schedule & Conditions:
• PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment.
• Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position.
• Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• At least 1 year of instruction experience
• Associate’s degree
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
• ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
• Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
• Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
• If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.