Position Number: 8100448
Job Category: University Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
Campus: Rogers Park-Lake shore
Location Code: ATHLETICS – GENERAL PROGRAM (03300A)
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Men’s Basketball Operations is required to abide by the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Missouri Valley and Loyola University Chicago. The position is responsible for the oversight and organizational efficiency of the administrative operations of the Men’s Basketball program in compliance with institutional, NCAA, and conference regulations that includes the following:
1. In consultation with the head coach and approval of the Director of Athletics, coordinates with the sport administrator the scheduling of conference and non-conference games.
2. Serves as intradepartmental liaison to sport administrator in the areas of Compliance, Facilities, Academics, Admissions, Residence Life, Financial Aid, Sports Information and Sports Medicine; coordinates summer jobs program and community outreach with department’s student-athlete development leadership staff.
3. Responsible for budget oversight.
4. Coordinates team travel, game day operations, practice security, and court set-up.
5. Coordinates video exchange.
6. Assists the staff in the permissible non-coaching staff recruiting activities that includes arrangement of meals, entertainment, transportation, tours and preparation of recruiting documentation that are consistent with departmental policy and compliance regulations.
7. Coordinates the operations and management of youth, high school and team camps.
8. Evaluates and implements equipment and facility needs.
9. Assists with team marketing and promotional activities, attends promotional events, community activities, and fundraisers.
10. Performs related duties as required or directed by the Head Coach.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference rules and regulations.
2. Strong organizational and communication skills required.
3. Ability to effectively plan, coordinate, execute and fulfill responsibilities with multiple deadlines in a timely and accurate manner.
4. Must be able to anticipate, troubleshoot, and resolve problems proactively and consistent with high quality work product.
5. Experience with working cooperatively with culturally diverse groups and administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least two to three years of related experience required. Experience as a student-athlete considered.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.
Physical Demands: Lifting, Carrying, Standing, Repetitive Motions
Working Conditions: Noise, Irregular Hours
2. Cover Letter/Letter of Application