The Athletics Department at Menlo College seeks applications for the position of Head Men’s Basketball Coach. This is a full-time, 11-month, exempt position, and reports to the Director of Athletics. The descriptions of responsibilities below are intended to be a descriptive but not necessarily all-inclusive list of specific responsibilities.
The Head Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for the recruitment and retention of student-athletes and program development in order to produce successfully performing athletes. This individual must be committed to a holistic approach to developing student-athletes as leaders in the classroom, in the community, and on the court.
The Coach must be able to provide leadership, management and strategic planning for the men’s basketball program. This will include budgeting, fundraising, staffing and staff development, supervision of program implementation, facilities planning and management, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
The position will abide by all NAIA, GSAC Conference, and Menlo College Athletic Department rules and regulations. Failure to follow NAIA rules will result in my immediate dismissal from all duties.
• Provide leadership in responding to student needs and college issues related to Menlo’s athletic program.
• Effectively coordinate the recruitment of student-athletes within Menlo College admission standards and policies established by the College and the NAIA.
• Establish a written set of aims, goals, objectives, and values for the men’s basketball program. • Ongoing professional development opportunities for self and staff relating to coaching and recruiting strategies and techniques for the purpose of enhancing the program’s competitiveness and the development of his or her student-athletes.
• Actively promote, publicize, and enhance a positive image for Menlo College.
• Determine budget requirements for maintaining and developing the men’s basketball program. Control spending and monitor the budget.
• Assure that all staff and student-athletes comply with appropriate Menlo and NAIA policies and regulations.
• Evaluate and recommend revisions to policies regarding travel, schedules and other issues related to the men’s basketball program.
• Develop a comprehensive plan to foster community service projects, academic success, campus engagement and character development.
• Responsible for the on-going management, supervision, and development of the men’s basketball coaching staff. Conduct annual performance evaluations of staff.
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred in related field.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
• A thorough knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations.
• 5-7 years coaching experience at the intercollegiate level
• A dedication to the success of student-athletes in their academic and athletic endeavors and a commitment to integrity, general equity, and diversity are essential.
• Ability to supervise, direct, and manage the men’s basketball program.
• Ability to work non-traditional schedules, including nights and weekends.
• Prior fund raising experience preferred.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience