The University of California, Merced is the newest and tenth campus of the University of California system and the first American research university built in the 21st century. With close to 6,200 students, UC Merced has planned for additional student growth until we reach an enrollment of approximately 25,000 students. With undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs, plans for a future medical school program, partnerships and community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving, requiring talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff.
Under the general direction of the Associate Athletic Director, the incumbent will manage the team and assume responsibility in the areas of recruiting, retention, coaching, scheduling, game and practice management, providing supervision of assistant coaches, monitoring student-athlete academic progress and eligibility, budget management, and fundraising. The incumbent is responsible for the overall management of the team and is responsible for developing and implementing the team vision and goals.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training with a college-level program.
• Successful experience coaching at high school and/or college level. At least two years of the experience must be at the collegiate level.
• Must have a clear understanding of, and be committed to, the NAIA philosophy and the role of athletics within the university’s mission.
• Must have highly advanced and effective inter-personal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants, staff and parents of student athletes.
• Knowledge of the rules, regulations and guidelines established by the campuses’ governing national collegiate athletic association (e.g., National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) pertaining to student-athletes.
• Knowledge of budget development and maintenance, ensuring team objectives are achieved annually.