Reports to: Athletic Director
This position is responsible for growing the graduation rate of the College by providing students with opportunities to engage in a competitive NCAA DIII men’s basketball program. This position plays the key role in recruiting, coaching, and retaining students through a focus on student engagement, health and wellness, and social justice. The Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for the program operation and duties assigned by the Athletic Director.
• Develop trusting relationships with members of the men’s basketball team that align with the College’s values of providing holistic (e.g. emotional, academic, co-curricular) support for our students.
• Build positive group dynamics that contribute to the team and individual students’ success. Address conflict when it arises.
• Serve as a positive role model and coach; value affirmative coaching techniques.
• Understand and abide by all NCAA Division III rules and regulations as they apply to athletic program.
• Know the Athletic Department and College’s guidelines and polices as outlined in the Student-Athlete Handbook and the Student Handbook, respectively.
• Manage and lead recruitment, coaching, and game management/supervision for the men’s basketball program, including (but not limited to) leading practices and home and away contests, overseeing the coordination of travel arrangements, managing games (e.g. equipment, facilities, score keeping) and emergencies/crisis when/if they arise.
• Under the guidance of the Dean of Enrollment Management/Director of Admissions, work to recruit student-athletes who meet Pine Manor College’s qualifications and academic standards to ensure full rosters of year-to-year high retention of student-athletes. Recruiting responsibilities and priorities will align with the guidelines established by the admissions department and NCAA Division III standards.
• Develop effective communications with faculty and staff in relations for team operations and student success.
• Escalate emergencies or inappropriate behavior that does not align with the College’s mission and values to the Athletic Director, Dean of Student Affairs, and/or emergency personnel in a timely manner.
• Work in conjunction with athletic trainer regarding student-athlete health issues.
• In congruence with the processes and support of the Athletic Director and Director of Human Resources, oversee the operations and management of assistant coaches.
• Other duties as assigned by Athletic Director.
• Bachelor Degree required along with college athletic participation experience. At least 3 years of college coaching and recruiting preferred.
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Fluency in a Spanish and English are preferred.
• Experience working with adolescents and young adults from diverse backgrounds.
• Knowledge of FERPA, HIPPA, and related regulations governing student records and information.
• Strong communication and conflict resolution skills when working with individuals and groups.
Selected candidate will be subject to a Personal and Criminal background check prior to employment.
Please respond to [email protected]
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://pmc.publishpath.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/job-opportunities →
- Print Plays to PDF
- Export Animations for offline use
- Team Playbook Page with player logins
- Unlimited Plays