The Head Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for all phases of the women’s basketball program including but not limited to coaching, recruiting, supervising, scheduling and budgeting.
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience Required: 5 years experience coaching at the collegiate or professional level.
License/Certification Required: Must possess (or have the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire) and maintain a valid Texas driver’s license with no more than three moving violations and/or at fault accidents within the past 36 months, and no convictions or deferred dispositions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the past five years.
– Must demonstrate the ability to develop and manage a competitive basketball program, ability to recruit quality student-athletes based on appropriate academic and athletic standards.
– Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
– Must demonstrate ability to understand NCAA, C-USA, and Rice University rules and regulations.
– Must be able to pass NCAA Coaches Certification test.
– Demonstrate the ability to communicate appropriately and work effectively with students, administrators, alumni and community, as well as the ability to fit into the department of intercollegiate athletics’ structure and the university’s overall operations.
– Extensive knowledge of basketball.