Robert Morris University
Transforms lives by building knowledge, skills, and citizenship
Job no: 492871
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: Men’s Basketball
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Athletics Administration
Overview: Responsible for the provision of Sports Performance services to the Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Northeast Conference, and the NCAA. This position is funded through a donation. Continuation of this position is dependent upon extension of donation.
Use expert technical knowledge of Strength and Conditioning and Nutrition to develop a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence. This includes:
• Organize, supervise, and instruct, with a hands-on approach, the conditioning and strength workouts for the athletes in the basketball programs of the Department.
• Provide assistance at team practices in maintaining conditioning, stretching techniques, and other technical aspects of performance enhancement.
• Provide nutritional information and counseling to the basketball athletes.
• Travel with the basketball teams as directed by the Head Coach.
Administrative duties, including:
• Work closely as liaison with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes. Must be available by phone on weekends and evenings.
• Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Head Coaches.
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of three years experience in coaching Strength and Conditioning.
• Sound knowledge base in principles of nutrition.
• Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Commitment to NCAA and University rules.
• Must have and maintain a certification with the NSCA or ACSM.
• Current certification in CPR/AED.
Exemption Status: Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None