The Department of Athletics for Saint John’s University, invites applications for a full time (83%) position of Assistant Basketball Coach. The Assistant Basketball Coach reports to the Head basketball Coach and is under the division of the Vice President of Student Development. The Assistant Basketball Coach is responsible for conducting the Saint John’s basketball program with integrity and under the rules and mission of Saint John’s University, the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III.
The main functions of this position include but are not limited to:
•Assist the Head Basketball Coach in overseeing a successful and responsible program that reflects positively on the University.
•Assist Head Basketball Coach with recruitment of qualified, racially diverse, and talented prospective student-athletes.
•Serve as video coordinator: duties included but not limited to; film exchange, editing for review and scouting purposes.
•Assist Head Basketball Coach with upcoming opponent scouting
•Ensure the eligibility of student-athletes.
•Oversee all correspondence related to basketball recruiting.
•Meet with all prospective student-athletes who have an interest in intercollegiate basketball and who visit campus.
•Assist the Head Basketball Coach in the oversight of the management of the budget.
•Assist in the coordination of game schedules, scheduling practice times and organizing of all travel, lodging, and meals for the basketball program.
•Oversee the management of all equipment purchasing, distribution, inventory, and repairs.
•Develop constructive and beneficial basketball practices.
•Assist in the negotiation of contracts for practice and game times.
•Oversee and run multiple and successful on-campus basketball camps.
• Baccalaureate degree (master’s preferred).
• Proven basketball coaching experience (assistant basketball coaching experience is preferred). (knowledge of and ability to teach post play is preferred)
• An understanding and appreciation for the character and success of the Saint John’s University Athletic Department and its programs.
• An understanding of the mission of MIAC and NCAA Division III athletics.
• Be skilled and knowledgeable with MIAC and NCAA Division III compliance, and follow the rules set forth by these associations.
• Computer literacy.
• Proven experience with basketball editing software. (Experience with Synegy preferred)
• Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Competitive, self-motivated and results-oriented.
Application Process: Applications are accepted online at http://employment.csbsju.edu. A complete application includes an application form and attaching a cover letter and resume. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.