FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Seattle University is a highly selective, independent, Catholic, Jesuit institution adjacent to downtown Seattle, and is seeking a dynamic and proven athletics department professional to serve as its Director of Operations, Men’s Basketball.
Located on Capitol Hill, one of Seattle’s most vibrant neighborhoods, Seattle University is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and currently enrolls more than 7,400 graduate and undergraduate students within nine schools and colleges. Seattle University is among the most diverse independent universities in the West: 40 percent of its students are from ethnically diverse backgrounds and students come from 77 nations and all 50 states. Seattle University employs approximately 1,500 faculty and staff and has an annual operating budget of over $210M.
The university’s athletic program fields 20 Division I intercollegiate teams (9 men’s and 11 women’s) and is comprised of more than 320 student athletes. The Redhawks, Seattle University’s athletic teams, compete in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) in all sports and have an excellent track record of achievement both on the field and court and in the classroom. In the five years with the WAC, the Redhawk teams have a combined 31 WAC conference titles, including both team and individual championships.
Essential Job Functions:
This 12 month position provides operational support to the Men’s Basketball program at Seattle University. Community liaison and campus contact for Men’s Basketball. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Oversee Men’s Basketball academics and standards.
• Provide academic advising: course selection, study skills.
• Oversee study hall for men’s basketball.
• Coordinate with Admissions on campus visits and incoming players.
• Coordinate with Housing & Residence Life.
• Coordinate with other departments to facilitate player recruiting (visits, etc.).
• Conduct campus tours for recruits & families.
• Create and manage recruiting mail-out.
• Organize and arrange all team travel.
• Organize and account for all equipment.
• Manage budget.
• Ensure compliance & produce related documentation.
• Manage pre & post practice statistics, video, etc.
• Serve as facilities coordinator and work with Connolly Facilities Coordinator on Men’s Basketball team and visiting team needs.
• Attend contests, provide insight to head coach during contests.
− Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant work experience in a similar program or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
− One year of supervisory experience.
− Excellent written and oral communication skills.
− Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the NCAA, WAC, or any athletics conference in which Seattle University is a member or may join, and other established bodies that govern or oversee intercollegiate athletics. In the event Employee becomes aware, or has reasonable cause to believe, that violations of these organizations’ constitutions, bylaws, rules or regulations may have taken place, Employee shall promptly report the same to the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance and Rules Education at the University. Employee shall cooperate fully and completely with any investigation of any alleged violation, whether such investigation is conducted by the University, NCAA or any other duly authorized agency or individual.
• All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to diversity and the university’s mission, vision, and values.
• Experience supporting an Athletic sport at a university or higher education environment or substantial experience as a high school Head Coach.
• All positions at Seattle University require a criminal history background check.
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to attach an electronic cover letter and resume when applying. Persons who need assistance with the recruitment process may contact the Office of Human Resources at: 206-296-5870. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://seattleu.csod.com/ats/careersite/login.aspx?returnurl=/ATS/CareerSite/ApplicationStart.aspx?ID=127&c=seattleu& →
- Print Plays to PDF
- Export Animations for offline use
- Team Playbook Page with player logins
- Unlimited Plays