Salary Rang: 12000.00 To 12000.00 (USD) Annually
Job Class: Professional
The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the recruiting, training, scouting of opponents, and coaching members of the Women Basketball Team. The Assistant Coach is required to abide by the rules of regulations established by St. Gregory’s University, the Sooner Athletic Conference (SAC) and NAIA. This is a part time position.
Essential Job Functions
• Recruiting—assist with year-round recruitment of high school and junior college athletes
• Scouting—be able to evaluate both the players and the teams that we play as well as high school and junior college players
• Skill development—maintain knowledge of offensive and defensive strategies
• Coaching during games and practice
• Study hall– supervision with players
• Other duties assigned by head coach—ex. help and organize summer camps
• Represent SGU in a professional manner
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required. A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and a working knowledge of the NAIA & SAC rules and regulations is required. One to three years coaching experience including effective leadership, communication, coaching and recruiting skills is preferred. Coaching at the collegiate level preferred. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required.
Physical/Mental Demands Required
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds;
occasional lifting, carrying, walking, driving and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate personal computer and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and the public. Possess the physical skills necessary to demonstrate techniques.
To Apply, click the “Apply for Job” button and then the “Apply” button on Top