Job Number: 2017-245
Department: Women’s Basketball
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: To commensurate with education and experience
The Special Assistant – Women’s Basketball is responsible for supporting the TCU Basketball program by coordinating and implementing recruiting efforts and assisting in overall Basketball operations.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
• Assists Coaching staff in game plan preparation by providing coaching staff with analytics of film and personnel breakdowns to be implemented in schematic planning.
• Assists the staff in planning recruiting visits by arranging official and unofficial visits to campus creating itineraries, securing transportation, hotel reservations, campus hosts, approved meals, tickets, compliance paperwork for each individual; completion of all expense and compliance documentation; supervise coordination of travel for coaches on the road recruiting according to recruitment calendar.
• Serves as mentor to football student athletes by assisting Coaching staff and Athletic Academic office in monitoring class and life skills attendance.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2 years’ experience in college athletics that may include time as a student athlete, graduate assistant or intern.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• Valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Must be insurable under the University Motor Vehicle Requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of appropriate computer software packages
• Skill in both spoken and written communication.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision under strict deadlines in a fact paced environment.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment.
• The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
• Requires attendance at home and away games, events, contests.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to extreme.
NOTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE WITH NCAA REGULATIONS
This job description includes the expectation of compliance with NCAA regulations. An institutional staff member who is found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.
To Apply, click the “Apply for Job” button, search by job Number “2017-245”. Open the Job and click on “Complete Application”.