University at Albany, SUNY
The premier public research University in the Capital Region
Department: Athletics – Men’s Basketball
Ref. No.: P17-48334
The University at Albany, a member of the America East Conference, invites applications for a full-time (12-month) position as Director of Operations, Men’s Basketball. The Director of Operations, Men’s Basketball will assist the Head Coach in all phases of operations of a Division I program. This includes, but is not limited to: scheduling, travel, day-to-day operations, recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes; overall program administration; alumni, community and media relations; practice and game operations and compliance with University, NCAA and America East Conference rules and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Previous successful Division I collegiate basketball operations experience
• Attention to detail is critical.
• Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules are essential.
• Effective oral and written communication skills as well as strong computer knowledge
• Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations.
• Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
A review of applications will begin on November 20, 2017.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
• Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
• List of professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).