The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school’s academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 28 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Director of Basketball Operations assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, coordinating its travel itineraries, budget management, coordinating logistics including team meals, buses, video and meeting rooms and film exchange, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations
Essential functions include:
- Handling the programs daily basketball operations, coordinating its travel itineraries, and overseeing the teams student managers, on-campus recruiting, monitoring the academic progress of student athletes
- Assisting with video editing systems, providing game day management, assisting with designing graphics and content of recruiting materials, managing the budget, contest scheduling, monitoring study tables
- Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes under the direction of the Head Coach
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics and Recreations Code of Ethics
- Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes
- Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking, and listening abilities
- Exhibiting supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Coach
- Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes
- Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division
- Assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and education
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with demonstrated exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations
Instructions for candidates:
Candidates must apply online through www.dujobs.org (or via the link below) to be considered, please attach a resume and cover letter. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click “New Resume/CV” at the bottom of the page to begin an application.
Exempt positions at the University of Denver are posted for a minimum of 10 business days; however, applications are reviewed as submitted and it is in your best interest to complete your application as quickly as possible after the position is posted.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.