JOB OPENING ID: 145079
JOB TITLE: Sports Operations Specialist
FULL/PART TIME: Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ORGANIZATIONAL GROUP: Intercolleg Athletic
POSTING END DATE: 7/31/2017
The Director of Basketball Operations works alongside the Head Coach to oversee the complete operation of the men’s basketball program.
1. Serve as the basketball liaison with the Business Office
2. Create and maintain men’s basketball operation budget, and oversee all purchases and contractual agreements as it pertains to the men’s basketball program
3. Assist the Head Basketball Coach in scheduling of future opponents
4. Serve as basketball game day manager and serve as liaison for the visiting teams
5. Plan and coordinate travel logistics for the men’s basketball team, including holiday break arrangements
6. Serve as liaison to external entities: NCAA, Big Ten
7. Serve as the liaison to the Compliance Services Office
8. Assist the Marketing Department with game day events
9. Oversee and track the 130 recruiting evaluation days for coaching staff
10. Assist with all on-campus recruiting activities
11. Liaison with ticket office while overseeing ticket allocation for home basketball and football recruiting tickets
12. Liaison with the Development Office for basketball program Event Presentation, Donor Engagement, Ticket Sales, and Partnerships
13. Organize and oversee summer camp and clinic planning and logistics
14. Oversee all special events and projects including game day logistics, open practice planning, team banquet, etc.
15. Work with facility managers for building maintenance, signage, and displays , as well as capital expenditure planning
16. Oversees the full-time non-coaching personnel (support staff)
• Must demonstrate an understanding of the NCAA Compliance rules.
• Have NCAA basketball working or playing experience.
• Must have 4 year college degree.
• Must have high level interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with all individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Must work well in work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and time sensitive demands.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Print Plays to PDF
- Export Animations for offline use
- Team Playbook Page with player logins
- Unlimited Plays