Req #: 149978
Department: WOMEN’S BASKETBALL
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Closing Info: Closes On 10/24/2017
Salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Shift: First Shift
This posting is for a temporary job. The work is 40 hours/week, is scheduled to start as soon as possible, and is expected to last 6 months.
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for four consecutive years.
The Intercollegiate Athletics Department at the University of Washington has an outstanding opportunity for a Coordinator of Video and Creative Content.
The Coordinator of Video and Creative Content will be responsible for video and graphic operations specific to the UW Women’s Basketball program. This role includes the filming, design and implementation of video elements for use by the coaches and for the purpose of program development, brand marketing, recruiting and player specific elements.
– Set-up and operate video and computer equipment for the Women’s Basketball program. Manage videotaping of practices. Manage video media (discs, hard drives, etc.). Digitize, edit and organize video footage using computerized editing system, SportsCode, for video scouting, breakdowns and presentations. Code and catalog all game plays and statistical data throughout the season. Acquire and catalog opponent’s game videos from broadcast TV, cable or satellite. Responsible for video exchange with opponents. Coordinate with Athletics Video Operations personnel for video support of home games and duplications.
– Produce high quality, creative videos for recruiting and year-end highlight videos. Produce creative content recaps of events, road trips, etc. for the Women’s Basketball program and its various social media outlets.
– Manage content of UW Women’s Basketball recruiting social media accounts including posts and updates on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Create a consistent brand and personality for social media accounts. Update as needed. Design graphics and other elements for dissemination on social media platforms. Provide support to the coaching staff in use of social media on multiple platforms by updating and posting in sync with the Women’s Basketball brand.
– May work collaboratively with the coaching staff and director of operations and members of the Creative Marketing Team on the development and production of content for recruiting purposes.
– Perform other duties, as assigned.
– High School graduation or equivalent and two years of experience in electronics, television operations, or production, including one year as a TV/Video Equipment Operator 1, or equivalent education/experience.
– Proficient understanding of basketball and ability to analyze game film. Proficient in video editing programs, technical use of video cameras, and possess superior organizational skills in order to coordinate several major video projects simultaneously. Ability to consistently lift and carry at least 40 pounds.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, communications, business, public relations or related field.
Conditions of Employment
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your “My Jobs” page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=candidatepaste&szOrderID=149978 →
- Print Plays to PDF
- Export Animations for offline use
- Team Playbook Page with player logins
- Unlimited Plays