Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a full-time Head Basketball Coach. The candidate will be responsible for all facets of conducting a successful NCAA Division I basketball program. Duties include the following:
• Responsible for the direction, instruction, supervision, and coaching of the Men’s Basketball program
• On- the-court coaching during practice and competition.
• Recruitment of quality student athletes.
• Practice planning and game preparation; formulating and implementation of pre-and post-season conditioning programs.
• Administration of an operating budget.
• Oversight, supervision and development of assistant coaches.
• Fundraising; promotional and public relations activities; speaking engagements and media interviews.
• Know and comply with all NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
• Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing, and coaching of the VMI Basketball team.
• Provide leadership and instruction in terms of the personal and athletic development of cadet athletes at VMI.
• Encourage, inspire and support cadet-athletes’ commitment to academics
• Must be able to study, evaluate and implement innovations in Basketball strategy and equipment; and demonstrate professional integrity.
A Bachelors degree is required; must have successful NCAA Basketball coaching experience as an assistant or head coach; must possess the ability to recruit in high schools, primarily in Virginia and the surrounding states; has to have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Employment begins 17 April, 2015.
Candidates must apply on-line at https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/applicants/Central?quickFind=205781
Please include resume, cover letter of application, official transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
In a continuing effort to enrich it academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.