Job Description – Assist the Head Coach of the Women’s Basketball in all phases of the Women’s Basketball Program. This includes recruiting, player development, video editing, coaching, and administrative duties such as maintaining logs and other compliance information. Assistant coach is responsible to the Head Coach for performing or assisting a wide variety of coaching duties in order to accomplish the goals and objectives of the team. Assistant coach will be responsible for assisting at practice, assisting with conditioning, scouting and promotions. Assistant coach will be responsible for
maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the student-athletes. The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University. The position supports all efforts to continue to attract the nation’s top women’s basketball players to our Division I non-scholarship program. This position has an anticipated employment start date of July 1, 2015.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One to three years coaching experience at the high school and/or collegiate level; and/or collegiate playing experience; Division I experience preferred.
- Ability to recruit within and knowledge & understanding of NCAA and Ivy League rules & regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with video editing equipment preferred.
- Strong organizational; creative writing; interpersonal; oral communication, and computer skills needed.
- Collegiate playing experience.
- Knowledge and experience with word, excel, power point, iMovie, and social media (facebook, twitter, etc.) preferred.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game, and ability to coach and motivate.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check – Criminal and Motor Vehicle
Recruiting Start Date: 2015-04-07-07:00
Job Posting Title: Assistant Coach, Women’s Basketball
Department: Athletics & Physical Education
Grade: Grade 10
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 37.5
Submission Guidelines: Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact Employment@Brown.edu