Location: Brookings, South Dakota
Coaching – Basketball
South Dakota State University offers a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, and flexible benefits, retirement plans, compensation packages, paid holidays, and vacation leave. Employees also have access to internal and state-sponsored training as well as reduced tuition for state-supported courses at all State of South Dakota academic institutions.
South Dakota State University is accepting applications for an Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach. This position will assist the head women’s basketball coach and other staff with maintaining a competitive Division I women’s basketball program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; recruitment of prospective student-athletes; development of the team/players by coaching; monitoring academic performance and building positive social skills. This position will also perform administrative duties; assist with summer camp responsibilities; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree by start date.
- At least one year of women’s collegiate basketball coaching experience.
- Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance to institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Effective communication (oral, written and interpersonal) skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Earned Master’s degree.
- Division I coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability of student-athlete recruitment process.
- Experience with player development.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Experience with basketball administrative duties (travel, scheduling, budget, camps, academic monitoring, etc.).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. Review of applications will begin as they are received with full consideration date of March 31, 2022.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this job.” This system will guide you through the electronic application form. This employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement, resume, and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
South Dakota State University is a tobacco free environment. It is university policy to maintain a drug-free environment and to thereby establish, promote, and maintain a safe and healthy working and learning environment for employees and students. This position is subject to South Dakota State University’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy 4:14.
For questions on the position, contact Tyler Glidden, search chair, at 605-688-5625 or [email protected]