- Produce a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions
- Develop a strong team culture that is in line with the values of the CSH athletic program
- Achieve competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic, moral-ethical, and athletic development of student-athletes; displaying that the highest priority is the health, safety and welfare of student-athletes
- Display excellent writing, speaking and listening abilities
- Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior in the pursuit of achieving sport program goals established by the Athletics Director of Competitive Sports
- Act with leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes, parents, and administrators
- Complete all assignments including, but not limited to:
- roster management, game-day operations, scheduling, score reporting, transportation, management of staff and student-managers, CPR, VIRTUS and other trainings, liaison for Team Parents, distribution and collection of uniforms, attend League / CSH coaches’ meetings, and other administrative duties as assigned
- Conduct and/or attend staff meetings with Sacred Heart coaches to develop consistent coaching philosophy, teach concepts, and promote excitement towards CSH basketball programs.
- Manage staff assistant coach(es) and recruit/train/manage student-managers
- Commit to using video and statistical analysis as a teaching tool for student-athletes.
- Provide mentorship/support to sub-varsity programs
- Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NYSAIS, AAIS, School, Division, and Department of Athletics rules and regulations and Coaches Manual
Other Responsibilities: This position is also responsible for any additional tasks, not previously mentioned, that are needed to maintain and/or oversee the success of Sacred Heart Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience. Previous high school/college coaching experience required. High school playing experience required; college playing experience preferred.
- Preference for someone with demonstrated experience in planning and developing a comprehensive approach to middle school and high school sport program development.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively manage relationships at the administrative, student-athlete, and parent level.
An equal opportunity employer, Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse staff and faculty who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.