Location: Smithfield, Rhode Island
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
The Director of Basketball Operations assists with the organization and supervision of all logistical aspects of the Women’s Basketball Team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). This position reports to the Women’s Basketball Coach. Responsibilities include effectively assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of the operation of the Women’s Basketball Program to include but not be limited to: travel, scheduling, budget control, championship arrangements, on-campus recruiting, and video coordination.
Bryant University is a NCAA Division I program, sponsoring 25 varsity sports, and is a member of the America East and Big South Conferences
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Oversee daily operations of the women’s basketball program.
2. Effectively manage all of the travel for the women’s basketball team. This will include all team, recruiting and professional development travel.
3. Develop, implement and manage programs including oversight of basketball film exchange program, film editing software and equipment operations.
4. Develop and maintain campus relationships, including interaction with the office of residential life, undergraduate advising and other appropriate partners and collaborators on campus.
5. Effectively train, supervise and evaluate student employees to result in a productive, motivated work force and an efficient human resources operation in compliance with the spirit and intent of the University’s policy on diversity and EEO/AA guidelines.
6. Assist with logistical aspects within the function of the women’s basketball program. This will include point of contact for visiting teams, manage practice player team, manage and plan team events and functions.
7. Serve as Director of the universities summer girls basketball camps
8. Perform related duties as assigned. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is best filled by an individual with a Bachelor’s degree, 1-3 years basketball experience, competency in Microsoft Office, familiarity with ARMS software and demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of working in an intercollegiate athletic program.
The incumbent must show demonstrated ability to be dynamic and self-motivated and have the ability to supervise a large staff and foster continuous process/quality improvements. The individual must enjoy participating in a collaborative work environment with student learning as the focus. In addition, they must be able to interact easily with members of the University community and articulate the role of the women’s basketball program in a university setting.