Description of Position:
The Director of Player Development will support the analysis, development, and success of the Women’s Basketball team. Through the use of video technology, this position will complete the filming of all Women’s Basketball games and practices, and use that video to design, implement, and evaluate developmental goals for the team and it’s players. This position will use analytics and software to determine player and team efficiencies and development goals to improve performance. Additionally, this position will be responsible for video storage, Pc-12 conference video exchange, and oversee NCAA film requirements.
- Independently supervises all functions of the video component by breaking down video of all practices and competitions for coaching staff to analyze in game preparation.
- Utilize basketball analytics techniques and software for player and team efficiency data – in practices and games.
- Collaborate in the design, implementation and evaluation of player developmental goals, as well as the implementation of player development plans to fulfill those goals.
- Oversees NCAA film requirements, and ensures that all Pac-12 Conference video exchange requirements are met (includes technical requirements and time deadlines).
- Has full accountability for inventory, storage, and maintenance of video sports equipment. Must maintain record of expenses and budgetary needs, working with staff to maintain team operating budget.
- Serves as the liaison to the Pac-12 TV Network, and other networks needing team footage. Organizes and archives all video in appropriate storage.
- Film all practices and games (home and away). Set up video equipment to allow players and coaches to watch film while at home and on the road.
- Assist with gameday preparations and set up.
- Under the direction of the basketball recruiting coordinator, review recruiting documentation, prepare general correspondence, and assist in all areas of recruiting as allowed by the NCAA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of managing a Division 1 Basketball program.
- Experience making complicated travel arrangements for teams or large groups.
- Knowledge and experience using Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle a high-paced environment and work efficiently within it, including dealing with competing demands and prioritizing appropriately.
- Must be detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- In depth knowledge of applicable NCAA rules and regulations.
- Previous experience working in team operations in the college or professional sports field.
- Knowledge of University and Department policies.
- Master’s degree.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Apply online at http://jobs.berkeley.edu, indicating job #22143. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application.